BILL NELSON SCHOLARSHIP ENDOWMENT: 2019 RECIPIENTS
The Bill Nelson Scholarship Endowment (BNSE) is pleased to announce it has awarded $11,000 in scholarships to six winners. The BNSE Trustees would like to extend their appreciation to all the outstanding scholarship applicants, and their affiliated OPEAA member companies.
In all, 32 applications were received for the awards, which are granted to outstanding high school and college students annually. Applications are open to employees of OPEAA member companies and their children. The judges expanded the total awards this year due to the high quality of the entries.
College recipients of the 2019 awards are:
- John Garrett of Huntersville, NC, received $2,500. He plans on double-majoring in computer science and math at the University of North Carolina. His father is employed by Husqvarna.
- Katelyn Hedinger of Jasper, IN, received $1,500. She is pursuing a bachelor’s degree in exercise science at the University of Evansville with plans to earn a doctorate in physical therapy. Her father is employed by Stens.
High school recipients of the 2019 awards are:
- Kyle Hedinger of Jasper, IN, received $2,500. He is a 2019 graduate of Jasper High School and plans to study medicine. His father is employed by Stens.
- Dalton Wilson of Nashville, AR, received $1,500. He is a 2019 graduate of Nashville High School and plans to study physical therapy. His father is employed by Husqvarna.
- Samantha Goodwin of Stockbridge, GA, received $1,500. She is a 2019 graduate of Woodland High School. She was a dual-enrollee at Clayton State University, earning an associate degree, and is currently pursuing a medical degree with a specialization in pediatric endocrinology at Kennesaw State University. Her father works for Rotary Corp.
- Rachel Sittler of Huntersville, NC, received $1,500. She is a 2019 graduate of William A. Hough High School, and plans to attend Appalachian State University this fall to study therapeutic recreation. Her father is employed by Husqvarna.
The BNSE is governed by five Trustees: Sue Chaney, K-C Sales Co.; David E. Errick, D.E. Errick; Britton Harold, Husqvarna; Ed Nelson, Rotary Corporation; and Jim Paugh, NGK Spark Plugs. For more information on the scholarship program, click here.
2018 Scholarship Recipients
2017 Scholarship Recipients
2016 Scholarship Recepients
2015 Scholarship Recipients
2014 Scholarship Recipients
2013 Scholarship Recipients
2012 Scholarship Recipients 2007 Scholarship Recipients
2011 Scholarship Recipients 2006 Scholarship Recipients
2010 Scholarship Recipients 2005 Scholarship Recipients
2009 Scholarship Recipients 2004 Scholarship Recipients
2008 Scholarship Recipients 2000 – 2003 Scholarship Recipients